Loading Movebank projects
Movebank data by …
- Then, within Firetail use one of
File > Download Data by Tag ID
File > Download Data by Individual ID
File > Download Data by Deployment ID
to create a local project snapshot in
$USER\movebank_data and enable the annotation feature
- A window will prompt you to enter your Movebank credentials. You may select to save your credentials within Firetail.
- a list of studies will open, select a study containing supported data
Hint: start typing the name to quickly jump to a study of interest with the same prefix Use the quick search window to search for substrings.
Note: the study must contain valid GPS or acceleration data
- Depending on (download by) tag, individual or deployment ID you are the asked to select a study item of this category.
Use the quick search window to search for substrings.
- Select one and Hit
OKto start the download
- Select the time range you wish to download
Download Complete Datato download the complete data set
Download Updatesto retrieve all data tagged as
updatein movebank (Full License Only)
Download Restricted by Date Rangeto subsets of the dataset (Full License Only)
You will be prompted to open the data set directly, yet it is possible to access any time later on via
File > Open Downloaded Data.
The quick filter box allows you to filter the listed studies/tags or individuals on the fly.
If upper- and lowercase matters, check the
match case checkbox.
Local movebank projects
Firetail can open Movebank data from
File > Open CSV File(s).
Most column definitions following the Movebank standards can be imported as well as several raw tag data or custom tag formats. In particular, Firetail should process location data, acceleration data and event based sensor data from a wide range of sources.
See Tag Vendors